Monday 12 December 2011

Review: Simple's Replenishing Rich Moisturiser

Salam Guys,

These days I've been getting really bad skin because of the cold and windy weather in the UK. Having a really bad moisturiser has led to my skin being really dry and flaky :( I decided I better do something about it because my skin is already damaged enough at it is.

So..I brought this today at Superdug after reading some really good reviews about Simple's skincare range. Most of the positive reviews and comments were about Simple's Replenishing Rich Moisturiser - stating that it was 'deeply hydrating' and 'extremely rich' to the skin. Well- guess what??... This thing is the best thing I've ever had :D It's practically genius.

I've never been an expert in skincare at all, it's just these past few months since January 2011 (Wait- that's a year :0 Oh dear! Time flies..) after watching some YouTube videos, it's really helped me gain an insight about not only beauty but how to take good care of yourself. Our body is a given to us by god, and the best way to go is to take good care of it :) .

Well - so i haven't had a good moisturiser for like umm.. Never! So finding Simple was - lets just say very rewarding *sniff sniff*
This stuff works so GOOD, and it actually hydrates your skin and your skin feels so much smoother. I feel like every moisturiser claims to do that lol. I have combination skin - it's my t-zone area, chin and forehead  that are oily but i find that in the winter It's them parts of my face that are mostly dry - weird. I also find that alot of products which contain alcohol just dry my skin completely . Speaking of which- my cleanser and face wash  actually do contain alcohol lol but i guess it just clears my skin and should be followed by a good moisturiser.

Simple claims:

  • It contains Vital Vitmin - Pro- Vitimin B5 which actively restores, softens and smoothes
  • Skin loving nutrients  like Glycerine, whch hydrates, nourishes and moisturises for 12 hours. Bisabol  soothes and calms while Allacton softens and protects 
  • No perfume, No colour, No unnecessary or harsh chemicals which won't upset the skin 

Bisabol: A natural ingredient used to heal skin,and a great anti-irritant and anti -inflammatory for sensitive skin
Allantoin: A compound which is naturally produced by many organisms (wisegeek.com) 

As you can see it's filled with lots of good ingredients- great for sensitive skin. So i used it on my skin just after cleansed my skin with Body Shop Seaweed Cleanser (love that range). I found the moisturiser goes a very long way, you only need a small amount to cover your whole face AND neck :D so i thought how money efficient!  Just after minutes of applying, my skin felt baby soft and it instantly felt hydrated - the flakiness had gone. Definitely a good buy. Also, another thing - its £2!!! <- i know - not even going to comment on that - nuff said. 

So guys, if you are suffering from dry and flaky skin in the winter season or just generally - defo the product to buy. There's other amazing products in their range, night creams, cleansers and face wash. But i guess this one may work as a good night cream too since its so hydrating:) 

Long review- my first 
Thanks for reading and hope it was helpful - please comment below 
xx



4 comments:

  1. this does not work for me, it totally made me break out in spot and dry patches.

    http://samram1214.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? oh dear
    I guess it's not perfect for everyone. I personally thought it did what it said on the packaging for my skin and so cheap. :)
    what's your skin type?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this leave a greasy type of feeling on your skin or makes your skin look oily? Because i have combination skin and have acne i sometimes find some moisturizers make my skin look shiny and oily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, for you it does yes. I should have mentioned this is most suitable for dry skin in the winter. So i would recommend you to use other light moisturizers or Simple has a lighter version of this cream. Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete